Sunday, June 10, 2012

MAC Casual Lip and Cheek Color in Evening Stroll

Is described as follows on MAC's website: Versatile, lightweight all-in-one color for cheeks and lips. Creamy, super-blendable, barely there formula. Contains Vitamin E to help keep skin and lips nourished. Limited Edition.

I had read a review about this lip and cheek color on tempalia, looked at the swatches etc. Mind you, I fell in love with this color at first sight because I just looooooove purple. I began to wonder though, as I do have oily skin, how a dual lip and cheek color would test up to my skin. That alone made me say, mehhhh, i'll pass. Then came all these photos from instagram of all the make up gurus who were purchasing this item, I mean literally I felt like somehow, subliminally they were teasing me. I seriously need to unfollow the makeup gurus before I go broke. So I walk up the the sales rep at MAC and ask if it works good on oily skin. Being that this is new she of course didn't really have the answer to my question...which meant there was only one thing left to do. Buy it and try it for myself. I'm glad I did! I haven't used this as a lip color yet, I have only used it as a blush. When blended well it will does give your cheeks a really nice glow. I wouldn't say it gives a dewy look, more satiny to me. But point blank, I didn't look like a grease ball with it on! Yayyyy! It wore on me for a full 4 hours before it started to fade. If you want it to last longer you can pair it with some powder blush on top. It did feel really moisturizing on my cheeks though, that has to be the vitamin e, :-). Also a tip, you can buy two separate colors of these items and mix them to create something new. I had mixed this with Out for Fun, and it looked GORGEOUS! Just a tip. K guys, till next time!



0 comments:

Post a Comment