Friday, June 8, 2012

Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Toundra




This lip color is described as follows:

Combining the convenience of a pencil with the application of a lipstick in a jumbo-sized crayon design, these pigment-rich sticks provide a matte, creamy finish that will not dry the lips. Enriched with emollients, vitamin E, and silicone, each gorgeous shade glides on and stays put.

My take on it: I just bought this because it was on sale, lol. Not because I was in love with the color, or because I was looking for it, etc. This pencil is not half bad though. Nars velvet matte lip pencils retail for $24, and from what I hear they like to do specials on new products or colors such as these from time to time. Since it is a matte pencil, you may want to prep your lips with some lip balm at first, my preferred balm is Smith's Rosebud Salve ( I can't live without it ). I wouldn't slather it on, but put on just enough to make your lips feel moisturized. Oh, and how can I forget! Don't forget to exfoliate! Always, always, always exfoliate your lips before using any type of matte lip products that may accentuate any dry lips you may have. It also helps to achieve a smoother lip application. Its a very nice matte burgundy brown. In the pic below I've paired it with Iman's lip pencil in espresso. The color last a good 3-4 hours on me even after eating and drinking. The color does a really nice job of staying put and it sets very fast on the lips. Try blotting right after applying and you will see nothing come off on the tissue, I swear. Since its summer time and I've opted for the more brighter colors this season, this is my go to color for those rainy dark days...don't ask why, but when it rains I just want to wear this lip color for some reason. Is it a go? I would definitely say yes it is! It's on sale, hellooooo????



0 comments:

Post a Comment