Saturday, September 14, 2013

MAC Retro Matte Lipsticks

I first have to say , that I'm a sucker for matte lipsticks!  I have pretty full lips, so I have to be careful about the finish in many bold lipstick colors. They all are sisters to the classic Ruby Woo. The colors I decided to pick up are : Relentlessly red, All fired up, All about drama, Flat out fabulous, and Runway hit.

As most matte lipsticks tend to be a bit drying, it's always best to exfoliate and moisturize. My method is to exfoliate with my toothbrush in the morning while I brush my teeth. Then I LOAD on Smith's Rosebud Salve. Some people blot their lips of excess balm, I don't. I keep it on and apply the matte lipstick. The first application is not going to be pigmented but it will look more like a stain (hint hint). After the first application I blot, then I continue with two more applications while blotting in between each application. This method still gives that matte finish, keeping the balm on gets the perfect  amount of balm stuck on the actual lipstick providing a smoother application with no tugging and pulling. My favorite colors have to be flat out fabulous, relentlessly red, runway hit and all about drama. These colors look WONDERFUL on women of color. Dangerous also is a great color for women of color as well. I just didn't choose that one. Since all the retro mattes will soon become a part of the permanent MAC lipstick line, I probably could have waited for these. .. but for what? :P

0 comments:

Post a Comment