Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Sephora VIB Sale Haul: Josie Maran, Boscia & More

I caved. As usual. I mean when you get a VIB coupon, and ebates has 4% cash back. It kinda makes you, cave. Haha! So I really used this opportunity to not only stock up, but try new things. I'm really skeptical about paying full price for things I've never tried before. Mainly, for fear of not liking the product, allergic reactions,etc. So the result of that "fear" is that I purchase most of my beauty products in sets. Aside from the fact that they help you save money, they open you up to a while new world of  products!

What I got:
Josie Maran Pure & Free
Too Faced Sugar Pop Eyeshadow palette
Boscia Japanese Cleansing Ritual
Benefit's Blended with Benefit kit
Boscia cleanse & peel trio
Josie Maran Pure Argan Milk
Clinique moisture surge extended thirst relief (100 point gift)

Josie Maran Pure & Free
This set comes with a travel sized argan oil light, infinity intensive creamy oil, bear naked wipes, whipped argan oil in sweet citrus, argan black oil mascara. My staple of this kit is the original argan oil itself. It really keeps my skin supple, and I've even noticed it helps diminish the look of blemishes. Plus it's multi purpose and can be used for cuticle oil, hot oil hair treatments, fly aways, frizzies, etc. The infinity cream can be used in an infinite number of ways, hence the name. I mainly use it on my face as a night cream, but I also use it on my hands before bed after a hot shower as well. It's pretty greasy, and that's why I stick to using this before bed, because I don't wanna leave my grease prints everywhere you know? The whipped cream I've used before but in a different scent. I love the cream, it's very moisturizing. Nothing spectacular, but it does the job and leaves a fresh scent. I haven't tried the bear naked wipes, or the mascara, so stay tuned for a review on those later.

Too Faced Sugar Pop

These shadows are so yummy to look at! It makes my heart skip with joy and think of all things spring and summer and beach! Although I think I have a palette similar to it already,I really don't care. Lol. It's a limited edition spring Lorac palette from a few years ago. I believe I've got a review of it somewhere on this blog. But yeah,I love the colors! One sidenote though...Too Faced has very innovative ideas. I can always get where they're coming from and where they're going, but I feel their shadows are pretty inconsistent sometimes. Some have wonderful color payoff, while others, you may have to dig into a bit more. Whatever. *Kanye shrug* I tried the shadows and the ones from this palette apply beautifully, are pretty pigmented.

Josie Maran Pure Argan Milk
I commend Josie for all of her efforts in creating a product line that promotes work, especially for women, in Morocco. I already am a true fan of her argan oil, and this milk just makes me more of a zealot. I switch up my night routine quarterly. Then I go on a rotation of my staples, and newfound loves. I do this because skin, like hair, can sometimes become accustomed to the same ol same ol, and appear to no longer give the effects they once had in the beginning. Switching up your routine every once in a while prevents this from happening. This milk is an "oil & water" mix. The concoction  of purified water and droplets of argan, is said to help better penetrate and hydrate the skin. Therefore, sealing in moisture for a youthful glow.

Boscia Cleanse & Peel set

I have yet to buy me a full sized Boscia luminizing black mask because I keep getting them in kits. Lol. You really have to layer it on thick, otherwise, you will not be able to peel the mask off of your face. It really helps to draw out the impurities from your skin. Since the mask is black, you can see all the gunk extracted from your face once the mask is peeled. It really does help to brighten your complexion. Give it a go. You won't regret it. :) Next, it came with an exfoliating peel gel. It's a pretty interesting thing this gel. You see, it has these exfoliating agents that bond to the outer layer of the skin to gently remove dead skin cells. It contains aha's and enzymes to firm, remove and brighten. Alert: my face feels some kinda way after rinsing. The exfoliating agent causes the product to "clump"up and the little chunks are difficult to rinse off. I woke up the next morning with these tiny pieces on my face and was like,wtf? It's still a good product, just have to put some more oomppf into rinsing next time I guess. And last but not least, this set came with a detoxifying black cleanser which I have not tried yet, but I have faith that it just might amaze me.

Boscia Japanese Cleansing Ritual set

This purchase is a result of a restock. The makeup breakup cool cleansing oil is my staple for removing a long days face of makeup. It doesn't tug our pull on the skin like many other oil cleansers out there do. I have yet to try the tsubaki exfoliating powder, and the purifying cleansing gel. ( reviews later ;) ) Then there's the konjac sponge. I really don't use this sponge alone, although I do make it apart of my cleansing routine. Contrary to what it seems it may feel like through pictures, it's fairly soft. A little too soft for me really. I still like to use it as my first wash after removing my makeup. Then I use my clarisonic right after to finish the job. I've read great reviews about it evening the skin tone due to the konjac root that is infused in it. I have yet to notice a difference. I'll give it a while though. Who knows.

Benefit's Blended with Benefit kit

This kit comes with two beauty blenders. A pink one and a "white"one, but it looks more like a cream color to me. I have a beauty blender already, and I love it! It's super fast, and easy and provides an airbrushed finish in literally, like, 2 seconds. The egg shape helps it to work around the crevices of your face. Eyes, nose, jaw, etc. Next it comes with a POREfessional primer. One of my favorites, but I still love my smashbox. I think I love both equally honestly. It's good stuff. Last but not least is the classic staple benetint. I think any and every women , whether rookie or veteran should have this. It's very versatile and easy to use, all while producing a completely natural look. You can sheer it out, or build it up for a more dramatic finish. Get it, you'll love it, the end.

Phewwwwwwwwwww! Goodness, I feel like I've written a book! But, I hope it was detailed enough to give enough info on your purchasing decision. The sale of course is over by now, but many things ate sick available for grabs (I hope). Let me know what you got, what you didn't get, and what you think I should get! And don't forget to share!
XoXoXo

Konjac Sponge (Dry)

0 comments:

Post a Comment